Monday, July 21, 2008

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Tomorrow morning, I head out on a big ol' jet airliner for the first time in over 20 years. I believe this is the only experience in my life about which I can say, "I've done that before, but not in over 20 years." This is a big deal for me, although I have friends who seem to be on planes as much as they are in cars. The last time I was on a plane was, I think, June of '88. I was coming back from a trip to Ireland, the last leg of which was from New York to Atlanta. For the trip overseas, I had some sort of Dramamine patch to install behind my ear, and I used the last one on the trip back from Dublin to New York. On the NY to ATL leg, I was sick almost from the moment of takeoff to landing and even in the car on the ride back to Columbus. I was also exhausted, so I'd fall asleep on the plane being sick, and I'd wake up to be sick again. Not pleasant.
All this to say, if you're a Christian, and you're awake between 7:30 AM and 8:45 AM EDT this Tuesday, please say a little prayer for me, and for the passengers seated near me. I know we'd appreciate it. Thank you.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I prayed for you. I hope the flight went well. I can't wait to hear from you tonight. You will be greatly missed until you return home safely.

Rex10 said...

Davis, where did you go? And don't worry, you will be fine. Flying is like riding a bike, once you've done it, you can do it again...except in 20 years I guess the process has changed a little bit...there are no paper tickets, security is now a violating experience, everyone in the terminal is grumpy, the flight staff are not helpful and the seats are much smaller...however, chances are good that you got on a plane that was manufactured over 20 years ago, so at least that has not changed. :-)

Amy said...

Hi Davis!

You need to invest in some Bonine (any grocery or drug store). It is chewable, non-drowsy for the most part, and it WORKS!! I am very prone to motion sickness and I have never had it let me down. If you don't see it on the self, ask the pharmacist. It will change your life!! ;o)