Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beach Vacation 2009, Day Two

Okay, so I can see this daily blogging of the beach trip is not off to the stellar start for which I'd hoped. A major hindrance has been Mr. Baby, who tends to keep odd hours, making for a tired Daddy at the end of the day (prime blogging time). Still, I semi-half-sort-of promised the Twitterverse and Facebookia that I'd cover a few days tonight. In the spirit of that semi-half-whatever, I'm only going to cover one day. So, without further ado, I present:
Day 2:
Also known as Monday, Day Two began with, my brother, Bennett, introducing me to this wonderful Texas Turtle coffee that he got at the World Market in Pensacola. Here's a recent photo of said coffee:
Of course, we went to play at the beach and pool immediately after breakfast. Maggie and Daniel are now completely fearless in their swimming, which makes me even more fearful, of course. Angie is fearless with them, however, so it works out well for them. The pool, which was under construction last year, forcing us to use the pool at the adjacent condo, is now open for our enjoyment. It is a walk-in pool that has a gradual slope, which I believe I called a zero-entry pool. Very cool. Here is the before and after of the pool:

After that, we went to eat lunch at Lambert's Cafe in Foley, Alabama, whose website invites you to "Come on in and eat, or we'll both starve." This is the wonderful home-cooking restaurant where they throw rolls at you with amazing accuracy, and where they pass around fried okra, "fried taters 'n' onions," and molasses in large bowls and buckets. It really is a fun experience, so much so that we failed to take any pictures. Sorry. Last year's pictures of it start here.

Upon return to the condo, pretty much everyone took a nap for longer than we intended, after which we headed down to the beach for a family photo shoot. I think it turned out really well, but you won't be able to judge because in my tiredness I forgot to ask for copies from my brother, who owns the camera we used. Oh well.
P.S. Again in my tiredness, I had to go to bed last night and finish this up while the kids went down to the beach this morning.

2 comments:

Lynley said...

I'll download the pics from the camera and send you some later tonight ;0) Miss you guys!

Stephanie said...

Glad you guys are having fun! I can't wait to go to Gulf Shores next month, we are eating at Lambert's. It's been three years since we last went. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!