Saturday, December 13, 2008

Postage-Free Christmas Letter

We got our annual copy of the Fatzinger Christmas Letter yesterday, written by our dear friend, Amy. It may sound a bit corny, especially since I talk to them almost every week at church, and thus have at least a general sense of how life's going for them, but I absolutely love reading that thing. Every year, Amy is able to recap the big events of their year and their current state of affairs with that same infectious joy and hope that she exudes when you talk to her in person. I get to the end of it and find myself wishing, once again, that I'd sent a Christmas letter to our friends and family this year. Of course, it's probably getting to be a bit late in the season for that, so I thought I might take a crack at it here on ye olde bloge.

Dear Friends and Family (and anyone who may have stumbled onto our blog),

This has been quite a year for the Hipps family. In some ways, it seemed longer than last year, but in other ways, it just flew right by. This year we went on our first real family vacation to the beach, Daniel lost his first tooth, and we found out that we're expecting our third child, another boy! And, while at times the wallet looks a little thin, we have managed to move our net worth about $10,000 closer to becoming positive this year.



I'm sure I've left out a lot of great things, but this year we started blogging again after a four year hiatus, so a lot of the high points have been covered right here! What else can I say? Our family is healthy, our children are smart and beautiful, we're about to be blessed with yet another little miracle, the election and related advertisements are finally over, and I got good music on my radio!

Merry Christmas to one and all,
The Hipps Family

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have to admit that I thought about sending my Christmas cards via e-mail. Time has gotten away from me this year. But at the last minute I ordered some from Snapfish. Family & friends may not get them on time though! ;)

Amy said...

Awww...Davis Hipps!
Thanks for the kind words. I never know if it is worth sending the dang things out, but there are a handful of folks that wouldn't know if we were dead or alive if I didn't send them out every year.

I love your postage-free version...Dave Ramsey would approve.
Brendan mentioned that he thinks Dave would FROWN on me spending money on pictures, cards and postage. I think he is right, but I can't help it.