Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting Ready


Now that the holidays are over and all the decorations are put away we are getting ready for baby #3's arrival. I have done so many loads of laundry that I have lost count, but all of those itty bitty adorable baby clothes are clean and put away. We have had to shift some things around in the house to make room for the newest addition. Daniel and Maggie now have a hanging closet organizer so that we could empty Davis' childhood dresser for the baby's clothes and accessories. We had to rearrange our bedroom a little to make room for the crib. All I have left to do is a cleaning of the house and pack my hospital bag (I have actually washed and laid out the clothes in the crib, I just need to put them in a bag). We have our neighbors on alert and my wonderful mother-in-law is waiting anxiously for our call. Tomorrow, Maggie will turn 5 years old! I can't fathom that I am on the verge of having another baby when my "baby" is turning 5. I will be delivering this child in the same hospital as I delivered Maggie. The kids are getting excited and they have taken to giving my large abdomen hugs and kisses at night and telling their baby brother good night before going to bed. I think that they are going to be such loving siblings and good helpers. In the picture above they are wearing some t-shirts that my friend, Erin, gave me. Not only is she quite crafty, she knows lots of crafty people so she always finds such neat things to give as gifts. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift from her that I thought it would be great to put a picture up on the blog of the kids wearing their big brother and big sister shirts. Thanks, Erin!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I am SO excited to meet the newest little Hipps man! I got even more excited reading your blog post.

We are praying for you, sweet Ange!

Angie said...

Thanks, Amy! I certainly appreciate the prayers and I am excited that Joshua's arrival isn't far off.