Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Man's Man...

I am not. I've never been a grill-master. I don't know a thing about cars: can't fix 'em, don't know makes and models. I enjoy football when it's on, but I can take it or leave it. I don't get much into most other sports. Even within my interests, such as music, it seems the man's man knows things like all the various types of guitars and amps; I never have been interested, as long as mine came close to how I wanted them to sound.

I'm okay with this. In recent years especially, I've become more comfortable with the idea that I'm much more partial to Jeeves and Wooster than I am to Crockett and Tubbs, more a fan of Morrissey than Megadeth. Not sure where I'm going with this. I guess I was just reminded of it tonight when my wife grilled some awesome pork tenderloin while I looked on, and I spent a contented evening alone thereafter watching Holmes and Watson on PBS. Overall, very satisfying indeed.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Davis, we wouldn't have you any other way. :)

Angie said...

Amen, Angela. I love Davis the way he is.

Stephen Lowe said...

why did your blog drop from my reader subscription? dang it, I've missed some great Davisisms and am playing catch up now.

Also, I would be happy to teach you the finer merits of Megadeth. I consider them a staple of my music pantry and have since I was in middle school.