Friday, February 29, 2008

My Man, Josh

Well, actually, this is partly about Josh partly about me. My man, Josh, has his 7th birthday today. He is 28 years old. Now, how weird is that? I’ve never in my life met a leap year baby before, and it’s, frankly, blowing my mind a bit. I thought about getting him a toy appropriate for other people on their 7th birthday, but, as I thought more about it, I decided to get him nothing. Well, nothing but a blog post. So, Happy 7th Birthday, Josh! I hope it’s a great one.

Okay, now for the part about me. It relates to Josh. I have the privilege of working with Josh on a daily basis, and he’s one of the greatest guys you could hope to work with - knowledgeable, easy-going, friendly to co-workers and clients, a pit bull against folks standing in the way of him helping his clients. And, against such an adversary he has been pitted this week. We have a new client whose previous IT dude is giving them a hard time in terms of giving up information needed to transition from him to us. In email interactions, this person has made it clear that he’s going to be difficult, and has insulted Josh over and over again, copying the client and Josh’s supervisors at work on the emails. This infuriated me, and I’ve been VERY tempted to respond harshly to this fellow. In fact, I wasted a lot of time last night (when I should have been going to sleep) playing over in my mind things I’d like to say. And then, still angry this morning, I opened my laptop with the intention of spending a few minutes reading the bible online to try and calm down. I remembered seeing on Angela’s blog that she had a Bible verse-of-the-day on the right-hand side, and I was going to see what site it comes from. I read the verse, and it was like God was speaking to me, right out of the Bible: Ephesians 4:31 “Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.” That’s from the New King James Version, and I firmly believe God is telling me, “It’s all right. Let it go. Don’t give this guy power by letting him consume your thoughts.” And I do feel more peaceful, knowing that God cares enough to influence the eBible verse of the day, just so he can tell me he knows what I’m going through, and that it’s going to be all right. Now my only lack of peace is knowing that I’m about to be late for work! Bye!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Ha Ha! eBible is great isn't it??? You don't know how many times the Lord has used the tiny, singular verse posted on the side of my very own blog page to minister to me. As for crazy man IT guy goes, Ren gave me the 411 on him, and even let me read some of the emails. That dude is as crazy as a loon. Ren and I decided he's not even worth losing sleep over.