Thursday, February 21, 2008

You say either, I say either

In case you are confused by the title of this blog post the two eithers are pronounced differently. One is pronounced E'ther and the other is pronounced I'ther. I use the latter of the two on a more frequent basis. For example: I'ther you try a bite of your dinner or you will be excused from the table without any dessert. Much to Davis' chagrin, our precious children have taken up saying I'ther as well. These are the sorts of things that just don't come up in pre-marital counseling. You really embark on a journey of faith when you enter the marriage covenant, because you have no idea what sort of irksome things your spouse will teach your offspring to say. I got a hearty laugh today when I overheard Maggie call Daniel "chief" because she had just heard Davis call his co-worker that. You just never know what might come out of your children's mouths next. As for me, I can be found to say nIther in addition to I'ther.

No comments: