Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bath Time Education

There's been a lot of talk on a friend's blog recently about public school, private school, and home school. This post wouldn't have much to do with that at all, except that we are currently home schooling Daniel. I often realize that his education is happening right in front of me, at the most unusual times. Tonight, for instance, I overheard Angie broadening his cerebral horizons while giving him a bath. "Superman was born a super-hero," she said. "Batman trained to be a super-hero. Spider-Man was bitten by a radioactive spider, and that's how he got his super powers." I've got to say, I am a huge fan of this curriculum. All the basics are covered during the times that are most conducive to learning. I understand that during the regular school hours, they only work on things like reading, writing, and math.

2 comments:

Amy said...

SO Awesome!!!!

Kristen said...

He's learning all the important stuff, then! Fuggedaboudit!