Saturday, May 17, 2008

Random Late-Night Thoughts

I had intended to share some thoughts on my week earlier tonight, but getting the house ready for my family's return took longer than I thought, so I have a feeling whatever I say now will be pretty random. Still, I feel it's important that I share the following:
  • I'm so excited about seeing Angie, Daniel, and Maggie tomorrow that I'm about to burst!
  • Our neighbors are awesome! They are very generous to us, and they always let us borrow their riding mower. Our push mower takes between 3.5 and 5 hours to mow the lawn. I got the front and back completely done in just over an hour and a half!
  • Watching Lord of the Rings special features tonight:
    • I like the stories, but I'm not crazy or anything. There's a guy being interviewed on the Two Towers DVD whose job title is something like Tolkien Language Translator. I mean, really, that's just too far, in my opinion. (Incidentally, if you were to judge by appearance alone, you'd still be able to guess that was his job.)
    • I wonder what on earth Mrs. Tolkien thought of her husband's (and later, their son's) literary pursuits.
    • This stuff must have taken a lifetime to come up with.
    • These folks worked REALLY HARD on these movies.
  • Never let it be said that my family is holding me back. With a week to myself, not only have I not written songs or stories, I haven't even read much.
  • It seems like almost everything I do takes "longer than I thought"
  • I've been over-using bullet points lately
That's all I've got. Goodnight!

No comments: