Friday, January 22, 2010

Daniel Update 8

Today is the DAY!!!! The doctor came in and checked on Daniel this morning and declared that we can go home! His breathing is greatly improved, and his blood oxygen has stayed in the mid-90s since yesterday. They're doing up the paperwork now, which I know can still take a while, and then we can clear out after that. ***breaking news*** As I was typing that last sentence, the nurse came in with the discharge papers, so we're all signed out! She also took off "the glove" and gave him the non-bloody part to take home. They are giving him one farewell breathing treatment while I'm packing things up.

Again, thank you all so much for all the prayers and well-wishes. We know several people who are much more regular visitors to pediatric wards than we are, and while I have always respected these folks, my admiration has increased dramatically over the past 3+ days. I would say I don't know where you find the strength, but honestly, I believe that Jesus answers our prayers, and the people I'm referring to all have friends praying for them. Thanks again, everyone! We're going home now.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! Can't wait to have you both home. I agree with the last paragraph wholeheartedly. Thank you all for the continuous prayers for our precious family.

Sameer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.