Monday, March 10, 2008

Laser Fitness

I've been meaning to write this since Friday: I got to go to one of the most awesome birthday parties of my adult life this past Thursday. It was at Lazer City in Buford, GA, and the party was for my friend, Andy Eaton, proprietor of the famous Tales of Wonder online comic book store. (Aside: Actually, they do more than just comic books. The description on the website says, TalesOfWonder.com is one of the largest direct market retailers of trade paperbacks, hardcover books and merchandise related to the comic book industry. Tony was once given one of these by Andy. Very cool.) Anyway, the party was a blast! I didn't see anyone who wasn't having a great time shooting each other, guarding our base or attacking the other, plus eating pizza and some very good cookies. We had about 25 folks there, but the play area was multi-level and pretty large, so it got to be quite a workout. I am personally not in the best of shape (see recent photo) and I though I was going to pass out at times from all the physical exertion. It's a lot of work to move stealthily around, crouching suddenly or jerking back to try and avoid getting shot. I definitely felt fairly lame for being so exhausted, but I was comforted to overhear a couple of friends who are in much better shape (see recent photo) talking today about how they were still sore as well. This is one of my most late-night blog posts, and I honestly have no idea what my original intention for saying all this was. Probably, I wanted to tell Andy "Thank you" and "Happy Birthday" and "I saw the card but didn't get a chance to sign it because we were being led in to start the shooting, but I do think you're a great guy and I am glad you were born. Sorry I missed signing the card." Goodnight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Davis! I was glad that you could make it and had such a fun time. That was all we wanted out of the night (to clarify: fun for all, not just you). Thank you for the Tales of Wonder endorsement, as well. Someone asked me if I was doing the laser tag as a promo for our business. Though I failed that night to see the marketing angle of sponsoring laser tag in Buford, now that the buzz is on the Hipps Family Blog, I can see its full potential!