Sunday, July 19, 2009

Beach Vacation 2009, Day One

As was the case last year, most of day one was spent on the road. We packed up yesterday and hit the road directly from church today. This was beneficial to us and the church, as we got to loan our hair dryer to some of the baptizees today. Pretty crazy. The only really noteworthy parts of the drive were the truly horrible gas station restrooms around exit 107 or so on I-65, and the way Maggie and Daniel became more and more excited and talkative, starting about half an hour from the condo and not really ending until, well, not really ending yet. I'm pretty sure I still hear Maggie talking in their room now, at almost midnight our time (11PM here). At least they're not still dancing and slinging things around. We have yet to go down to the beach or pool, but the view is still every bit as gorgeous as last year, and I'm already feeling calmer now that the crazy kids are in bed. I can't wait to sink my teeth into the meat of this vacation tomorrow. Sorry, food channel's on. G'night!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Glad you guys made it there safely! I know you will have a wonderful time this week. Rest, relax & enjoy!

P.S. Thanks for digging out your hairdryer and letting us use it yesterday.