Friday, July 24, 2009

Beach Vacation 2009, Day Five

Angie mentioned in the comments for Day 3 that I forgot to thank Bennett for the wonderful cheesesteaks he made for us, and she's right, they were excellent. I also failed to mention that in between LuLu's and "You've Been Sentenced" there was a birthday celebration for your truly! My birthday isn't technically until next Friday, but as it was the last night with everyone together, we went ahead and celebrated then with caramel cake, vanilla ice cream, and presents - the customary dollar-for-every-year-of-life from my parents, and a really cool Xbox game from Bennett and Lynley!

Day 5 began with Angie and the kids heading down to the beach again while I worked on the Day Two blog post, followed by lunch (I got up pretty late). After lunch, Angie needed a nap, so I sat on the balcony reading my book, which I was able to finish! In the evening we headed to the top-secret Perdido Kids Park, which has an extremely unassuming entrance with a small wooden sign and a dirt road into the park. The park itself, however, is awesome! Here are some pictures that we were able to smuggle past security:


We went from the park to dinner at the Shrimp Basket in Perdido Key, near our condo, where we tried the Fried Pickles and had a surprisingly good meal of fried seafood. We polished off the evening by letting the kids stay up to watch Kung Fu Panda while I worked on the Day Three blogpost.


No comments: